Friday, February 10, 2012

I Am Rich

I will admit it... I spent the morning worrying. The bills are coming due. My husband has work, but he is not able to do it until the ground is frozen over so that it is cold enough for him to drive the equipment in the fields without getting stuck in mud. So, I did some laundry and dishes, and worried as I did them.

I sat down to hold my crying baby. As I rocked him gently back and forth so he would fall asleep, I felt contentment in my heart, and I knew, that even though we may struggle to get the bills paid, I AM RICH. God has blessed me with two beautiful children, and I still have today to hold them close. They are precious treasures to me, and I protect them carefully.

And isn't that how God thinks of us, His children? He holds us in the palm of His hand. He sees the sparrow that falls. The song says, "If God can hold the little bird, I know He loves me, too!" God wants me to rest in His arms just as my sleeping baby lay in mine... without worry... without knowing what the future may hold. I may not know what may happen, but God does, and I can rest in the security that He will make a way and He has my best interest in mind.


"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." ~Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

  1. I've had those times of worry many times in the past 7 years! You would think after seeing God meet our needs every time those past 7 years, that I would "get it" that He is going to provide and take care of us...but I still struggle from time to time! Guess that's part of being human! But, praise God we can become overcomers!! :)
    Keep trusting Him! :)

    *jut found your blog today! :)

    ReplyDelete