Thursday, February 9, 2012

Promises of God

The last two months seem to have been a rollercoaster of emotions. Two weeks before Christmas, my husband was laid off. Since then, it seems like I have struggled more with a wide variety of emotions.  But I thank God for His faithfulness.

As humans, we all have times of doubting God and mistrusting Him. And I would guess that that is much easier to do when we face struggles and hard times. In my humanness, I am so glad that God can understand my fraility. I am glad that He is still there for me and loves me just as much when I doubt Him.

I think if God seems far away, it is me that is far from Him! God always knows what is best for us, but sometimes, I believe, He wants to hear from us. He wants us to make our requests known to Him. He wants to know that we know we need His help. Not a day goes by that we make it through without His grace. "It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." ~Lamentations 3:22 & 23

Thank You, Lord, for your faithfulness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment